Welcome back, friends. Today’s topic is a soothing, relaxing bath soak that you can make yourself to use in your own bath or give away as a lovely gift. Bubble bath, bath salts, milk baths and the like are a huge subsection of the bath and beauty department at every store. They’re also disproportionately expensive, even the budget brands. And the cheaper ones can smell more like something you clean your sink with than something you want to soak in. But, as usual, there is a better way! You can make one batch for yourself, or double or triple the recipe and give it as gifts.
Here’s What You Will Need:
- 2 lb unscented epsom salts (to relax muscles)
- 2 envelopes (3.2 oz each) non-fat dry milk (to moisturize)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (to prevent clumping and to smooth skin)
- 10-20 drops of essential oil for scent (orange or ginger to energize, lavender to relax, peppermint to soothe and invigorate, rose or sandalwood for romance)
- Airtight containers – jars, snap-top containers, etc.
Here’s What You Do:
- In a large resealable container, combine all ingredients.
- Securely replace the lid, and shake to mix well.
- For your own use, you can keep the soak in the container you mixed it in, or you can put it in a cute jar to keep on the bath edge or counter.
- For gifting, pour the soak into cute jars or bottle and tie with a pretty ribbon and attach a tag or label with the following instructions.
Here’s How You Use It:
- Pour 1/2 to 1 cup into a warm bath.
- Sit, soak, and RELAX! You have definitely earned it.
Peace Be With You